1. A “Certificate of Completion” is an important and sometimes mandatory legal document attesting to the fact that a new, remediated, or a repaired building was constructed and/or restored according to construction, safety norms and regulations, as per the Uniform Building Codes (UBC) and city ordinances, where all contractors working on a project should provide you with their
    1. In water damage remediation, fire damage restoration, mold and sewage mitigation, a “Certificate of Completion” is a document the contractor or a third-party provides; ensuring building materials, finishes and contents are returned back to pre-loss condition.
  2. A “Certificate of Environmental Acceptance” is an important document showing on the date of sampling or testing, where the goal is to document – “the indoor environment has normal environmental conditions for average healthy occupants and ”
    1. In water damage condition, building materials are visually clean and moisture detected showing they are dry, where generally, mold samples are not
    2. In a mold contamination situation, the goal is to confirm, the fungal ecology is back to acceptable, quantifiable normal indoor
    3. In a fire loss, the goal is to document, building materials have the absence of visible char, soot and ash, where indoor air quality through the sensory perception of smell, does not detect airborne or surface smoke odor, where surface sampling is an
    4. In a sewage backflow situation, the goal is to determine materials are clean, sanitary and dry, where fecal coliform bacteria test results did not identify fecal
  • In providing you with a “Certificate of Environmental Acceptance,” it involves a four-part process: 1) occupant interviews and an understanding of occupant health concerns (if any); 2) visual inspection and assessment of the interior and exterior including damage; 3) field tests/sampling (when required), where sample results are favorable and supported by independent lab analysis; and 4) written conclusions, which are discussed with the

General Information About Insurance Claims and CLUE

If you experienced an insurance claim, that claim is put in the CLUE (Comprehensive Loss Underwriters Exchange) database, which logs all personal property losses, whether coverage was extended or not. Having a COC and a CEA are excellent documents for underwriters to review and determine how closure was achieved.

Consult with us on your building COC and CEA needs

In an insurance claim, our goal is to provide clearance and closure on building-related property damage losses.

For expert Consulting you can trust
Blue Sky Environmental Consulting Inc.

Contact Us